Spousal Bragging= Bleh.

I think that Tyler is like anyone else, he likes to hear good things about himself. I try and share those things with him but usually avoid doing it in public forums. Although I'm comfortable in our relationship, some people view it as super annoying. And when I say some people, I'm talking about myself.




 
If you are celebrating an anniversary, feel free. Tell the world how special the past X-years have been. It really gives those of us who are just starting out something positive to smile about. If you are trying to prove your happiness to others or just feel like everyone should know, stop. For the love of God, stop. I HAVE THE MOST AWESOMEST HUBBY (ew) IN THE WORLD. It's more than eyeroll-worthy.Who are you trying to convince? Is it an image thing? I'm here to tell you, everyone struggles and relationships are hard. No one needs to be constantly reminded that your life is perfect. It's ok to be pissed when he's late or angry that he didn't do the dishes.
 
The more you brag, the less credible you sound. I've found that the happiest of couples are probably NOT sharing their love for one another online. And do you know why? Because they are sharing it with each other! Do you know that my husband tells me he loves me (and vice versa) at least 25-30 times a day? Nope. And why? Well because it's an intimate-private sort of thing. Love should be something you should be proud of- absolutely. But should you be boastful?
 
And your hubby, he's probably just... eh. 

Comments

Popular Posts