So I lied..

I said I was going to start my blog backup and although my intentions were good, life got busy once again... :)

This past weekend was Thanksgiving. I remember when I was a little kid that I looked forward to Thanksgiving more than Christmas. I'd like to say that it was because I loved the idea of gathering with my family but as a food lover, nothing was better than sampling all the different desserts and sides!

Last year was my first year hosting Thanksgiving at my home. My husband's family and my parents and brother all came to gather around the table. I was honored to host dinner at my house but I was so nervous. I wanted to make sure everything tasted great and that my house was immaculate. I don't know why it mattered but I found myself dusting and wiping every corner and crevasse in my house during the days approaching. I bought special table clothes and centerpieces, spent the extra cash on the "nice" disposable plates/utensils, and put together some of my family favorite dishes. We laughed and enjoyed each other's company while we stuffed our faces Soon everyone began to disperse to other dinners and get-togethers.  At the end of the day, I'm sure no one noticed the extra that I had done. I had hosted my first family event and now everyone's Thanksgiving memories would include my kitchen table. My heart was full.

This year I hosted again. I spent less time on the decorations and more time making memories. My mother-in-law stopped by early to help me get things together and we cooked next to each other in the kitchen while my husband and daughters set the table. After we ate, everyone piled into the living room to watch a movie. I sat on the floor watching everyone laugh and smile. It felt so good.

Elizabeth ;)

Comments

Popular Posts