Reconnection

When Tyler and I started dating all those years ago,  we had so much fun together. We would go out to eat, shop, or spend the night away from home. Those dates turned into a handful of dinner dates a year and those nights turned into snacks and binge watching our favorite shows.  Quantity to quality, I guess. No matter what we were doing though, my face and stomach would always hurt from laughing. 

Eleven years and four kids in, a trip to Wal-Mart alone is about all Tyler and I get in the way of a "date". So Saturday afternoon,  Tyler and I had a much needed day date.  We did a little Christmas shopping and had a quick bite to eat.  The whole trip, drive included, was right around five hours.  It was exactly what we needed though. At the start of the date I was tense and stressed from the week before but by the end of the day my cheeks were sore from smiling. I felt like we'd been given the opportunity to connect again. And I am so grateful for that. 

Tonight, I was laying in bed, flipping through the pictures in my phone. I wanted to start today's post with a picture of myself and Tyler. To write about the great weekend we had together but I was more consumed with the fact that the most recent picture I had of just the two of us together was probably six months ago. It took a few minutes of scrolling past pictures of our babies and school events but I finally found it. Tyler had surprised me with a trip to our local airport to watch the sunset. We were only away from the kids for a half hour.  

Time, folks. The same lesson keeps coming up. It's all about time. 

Comments

Popular Posts