I mean... who cares what I think anyway ;)

I've always considered myself mildly intelligent- is that a thing? Mild intelligence? 

I guess what I mean is I don't have a lot of questions that I'm not resourceful enough to at least find the answer to. I have basic knowledge combined with the willingness to always be learning. 

With that said, there have ALWAYS been two topics that I steer very, very clear from. 

1. Religion

2. Politics

The latter leaves me confused in a way that I cannot explain. I come from a family of lesser conservative Republicans and I married into a family of very conservative Republicans. Several of my friends are democrats and I have several more that seem to float on the spectrum of what they chose to identify as- or simply chose to not identify with any political party. 

But here's where I stand:

I'm Pro-choice. I woman should have the right to choose up until a specified time in her pregnancy.  Until you've looked it right in the eye, you really should be open to choice.

I'm Pro death penalty- after appeals are exhausted and a conviction is upheld.

I back blue. I believe that law enforcement is an ugly necessity. I say ugly because the need for law enforcement generally comes from a need created by those who do not obey law or order.

Do I believe that defunding the police in order to send more social workers out into the world is the answer? No. I believe that mental illness is a serious problem in our country that gets overlooked but sending unarmed social workers out in hopes of deescalating things is dangerous. 

I believe that some criminals cannot be rehabilitated specifically those who commit crimes against children or crimes sexual in nature.

Do I believe that rioting, or burning/storming anything- from national buildings to private homes/business is ok? No. Even if it's 'for a cause'? NOOOOO. 

I believe that marijuana for personal use should be legal.

I believe that although marijuana should be legal for consumption, it should still be illegal to operate a motor vehicle.

I believe that in order to qualify for government assistance, you should be required to pass a drug screen and any subsequent drug screen. 

Gay marriage is more than ok with me.

Gay adoption is more then ok with me. I see the system and how it works. If a homosexual couple wants to provide a loving home for a child, they should be able to. 

Do I believe the government overreaches in some instances? Yes

(Do I believe the government is trying to control us by making us wear masks? No)

Do I believe government is needed for order? Yes, absolutely.    

I am pro gun. If you qualify to hold a license for a firearm, you should be able to purchase one.

But I also believe that the application for purchase of a gun or licensing, needs work. There needs to be more mental health evaluation prior to sale.

Do I believe in or support Donald Trump? No. He's a self-proven idiot.

Do I believe in or support Joe Biden? No. He's not the guy for me either!

Do I believe in a system made of checks and balances? Yes. 

Do I put all my hope or belief in ANY news or media outlet? Hell no. 

Do I trust anyone? No- That's the saddest answer I've given. You can't trust anything you read or hear. The only person or source I trust is me. So, I just don't spread anything- right, wrong, or indifferent. 

Anyway...

I had many conversations with family and friends on what is 'happening'. I typically get the same thing every time:

  • Republicans are terrified of Democrats ("They are going to take our guns." "They are going to deplete social security." "They are going to ruin our country.")
  • Democrats think Republicans are bigoted, uninformed or stupid Trump supporters. "You're in a cult". 

Although the internet is a great tool to share information, it's also a great tool to share misinformation. It's a way to spew hate and bash others. I remember a time when it was considered taboo to speak on politics or question anyone's preference. I just caution you, when you put out generalized statements, to think:  I have friends, whom I like, who are (politically) different than me. That's ok. I still like them. 

On a lighter note...
Just for fun.. I thought I'd see where I am on the political a 'political spectrum'. I found it pretty interesting since I identify as a Republican (Gasp!) 


The red dot is me :)

Carry on, folks. Who cares what I think anyway. lol


Comments

Popular Posts