Sweet baby:)

Today I got the privilege of meeting a very good friend's new baby, Jackson, and I just want to say for the record; he was beautiful. I have to admit, I was skeptical about seeing him- about having a baby in my arms. Was I ready?

I know my friend was concerned for me as she seemed a little apprehensive when I got there. But the minute I had Jackson in my arms, all those feelings of uneasiness disappeared. He was the epitome of innocence and all that is good in the world. Yes, I was mildly jealous but not of my friend. I was jealous of Jackson...so pure, unassuming, and unscathed by the world. He has never been disappointed or had his heart broken and he is so loved. My friend and her husband were beaming with pride at him and you could just feel their passion for their new son. It was a beautiful thing to see.

When I left from our visit, my mind was clear but my heart just a little heavy. We had such big hopes and dreams for Quilly but someone else had bigger plans for him (and us).We will never forget the son we have lost or the pain we have endured, but we will find that as time passes, our burden will lighten slowly but surely.  The "good days"  will begin to outnumber the "bad days" and today has been a wonderful day.

In closing...

The love a parent has for the child  (living or not) is something that far exceeds anything else- I know that down the road we will be able to experience the joys of a baby again and I cannot wait until I am able to share that with Tyler. For right now, we are focusing on how truly blessed we are to have Harleigh and Abby in our lives and how very grateful we are for the experience of Quilly no matter how short.

An awesome quote to end this post...
It is understood that the beauty of a rainbow does not negate the ravages of any storm. When a rainbow appears, it does not mean that the storm never happened or that we are not still dealing with its aftermath. It means that something beautiful and full of light has appeared in the midst of the darkness and clouds. Storm clouds may still hover, but the rainbow provides a counterbalance of color, energy and hope.

Comments

Popular Posts