Imperfectly Perfect

As we were driving home from Bloomington last night, Tyler sensed that something was wrong. The minute he asked me if I was ok, I burst into tears. I had been trying not to let things bother me but when he asked me about it, it was like I had permission to let go. This was the first time he got to see my heart broken (by someone else). He seemed to be upset by it himself suggesting that I make things right by telling the other person that I was hurt. I've never been the type to do that though, I guess I'd rather suffer silently than call someone out. I'm always a little too considerate of others and not enough of myself.

Anyway, instead of wasting our night out, Tyler asked me if I wanted to go to the movies. This man who despises watching movies in the theater was trying to appease me with doing something he absolutely hated. Cruising through the theater parking lot I could see that we weren't going to find anything that we wanted to see so we opted for stopping at Wal-Mart. We grabbed a container of icecream and two Redbox movies and went home to lounge on the couch.

I don't like to pretend that things are perfect in my relationship but last night was pretty close. A bowl of red velvet cake ice cream, Man on a Ledge, comfy blankets, and the love of my life. Yeah- it was good. :)

Comments

Popular Posts