Beautimous!

As I drove the girls to school this morning, I listened silently as they talked about who's class was more fun. Harleigh argued that Abby's school was "for babies" but Abby exclaimed that it was not and that she got a snack everyday. I looked in my rear view mirror and Abby had her typical bulled-up expression on her face. They bickered and poked back and forth at each other all the way to school. I hoped it was not an indication of how the day would go for either of them. We pulled up to Harleigh's school first to let her out and she started to bail out of the car but turned to say before she left, "Geeze, Abby. I was kidding. I love you." Abby smiled and said she loved her too and then Harleigh shut the door and took off down the sidewalk toward the school. I watched her walk in, backpack still half of her height, ponytail swishing back and forth. She seemed so grown up yet still so small.

Parking in front of Abby's school, she bounded from the backseat to the front to wait for the signal on the door that says she could come inside. I asked her if she was still mad at Harleigh for giving her a hard time and she said "Well, she does pick on me, but I still love her." It's absolutely one of the best things in the world for a mother to hear when her children exchange "I love you"s. It's a sign that your love lives on in your children and that you have taught them properly what love and forgiveness is. Makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

Today the weather was so beautiful that I didn't go home to sit inside, rather I parked in town with the windows down and watched traffic while waiting for preschool to end. Typed in "Dixie Chicks" in the search bar of Youtube and listened to multiple songs until I came across one I had never heard. I couldn't help but share.


Comments

Popular Posts