One Month/Search for Peace

I've always been a little skeptical about faith but I have an overwelming desire to embrace it. I want a relationship with God. I want to know Him and understand Him.

Today marked the one month anniversary of the loss of our son.  Coincidentally (and thankfully) it was also my second meeting with Marcy at the Hope Resource Center. She brought with her a new book for me to borrow called Not by Accident and also a self-guide for women who have lost a baby called Learning Through Loss. I've asked Marcy to help guide me through some scripture and to bring me closer to God. Today she hit the nail on the head with me.
22 It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.
23 They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.
24 The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
25 The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. Lamentations 3:22-25
I struggle to get the exact meaning of the scripture and maybe I'm not the only one but I was able to gather at least this much through Marcy's help... God has not allowed me to become consumed in my grief because He has a love for me so great that He has given me everlasting hope, and a new beginning everyday.

I'm so thankful for God's love today. I'm also thankful for Marcy. She has been gentle, informative, and understanding.  Bless her heart, she has her work cut out for her.


Comments

  1. I am so proud of you. Embracing this loss, and allowing you to grow as a person will not only help you to heal, it is a way to share his existing presence in your life. Little QMP spent around 20 weeks on this planet, all within your womb. His legacy will be the changes he made in your life. You are making these changes in the form of light, rather than allowing yourself to be dragged into the depths of despair. What an honor to such a precious little guy who only spent such a short amount of time here on Earth with his family who loved him so much. I bet he wants his momma to be able to smile when she thinks about him, and you are well on the road to being able to do that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts