Biscuit Pizza- Recipe

I asked the kids what they wanted for dinner and of course they said pizza. Honestly I was pretty broke at the moment so I didn't want to buy one from a local pizza place and lord knows it can be a huge mess making homemade pizza. I decided to check out Pinterest to find some cheap and easy alternatives. I know, I know. Why do I do this to myself? lol

Please excuse my pictures. I opted for cell phone pictures rather than taking them with my digital camera.

Anywho..


Pizza:
Cheap store brand biscuits (use the small ones)
Pizza sauce (even spaghetti sauce would work)
Mini pepperonis
Mushrooms
Shredded mozzarella cheese

Of course you can choose anything you like on your pizza, these are just my kids' favorite toppings



Preheat a waffle iron... I used one similar to this..


Press flat one biscuit and pile on the toppings.
Filling it too full might cause things to ooze out.
Press the other biscuit flat and place it on top of your 'pizza'.


Gently place your biscuit pizza on the waffle iron and close.
Allow to cook for 3-4 minutes.


Remove pizza from iron with fork or spatula. It's hot, duh!


My kids both dipped their mini biscuit pizzas in extra sauce.
Enjoy!
Like I said, my picture quality is poor  and I apologize but I really wanted to share just how simple these are to make. They are super easy and quick- no waiting on the oven to preheat, allowing dough to rise or all of the mess involved in making homemade pizza. Plus these little nuggets are totally portable and cleanup was a cinch! 

**Kids' Review: We like making our own food. Pizza is awesome.

Comments

Popular Posts