Best/Worst Portrait Tattoos

Tattoo #1
My very first tattoo.. ahh.. I was 18 and unsupervised. The tattoo artist asked me if I planned to have children in my future and warned me that with my chosen tattoo placement, that it would stretch overtime causing it to lose it's shape. Well, that's not all it's done.. it appears to have become something else altogether. What started out as a cute little lizard, now resembles an alligator. And the color is just terrible. I figure if anyone is going to make fun of me, it's going to be me... check it out.

A lot of people are against tattoos. Some people don't want to taint God's canvas and other's just aren't interested in putting something permanent on their body. I have three tattoos in total, the alligator that I've already mentioned, and two others. The two others were done later in life. Each was chosen with a little more thought and planning and have a lot of sentimental importance to me.  When it comes to choosing tattoos, I have a few rules I try to abide by.
  • Never, ever put the name of a spouse or significant other on your body. Nothing is forever- except the tattoo of your ex husband's name across your lower back. The last thing any man wants to see is his lady branded with someone else's name.
  • Use careful judgment on placement. Put them in places that if needed, they can be hidden. This gal on the right is not going to be anyone's bridesmaid and family pictures could get awkward. 
  • Portraits are a no-no.  It's extremely difficult to capture life, beauty, or any sense of realism. More often than not, they just don't work out. 
  • Research, research, research any artist you use. It's really important to look at their past work to judge quality. And it's also a great idea check out their shop before making an appointment.
Without further ado and in no particular order, here are 15 portrait tattoos that made me go... whaaaaa???


1.




2.





3.
I've seen this portrait at least a hundred times on the internet. The tattoo has since been remedied and quite well.


4.




5.




6.




7.




8.



9.




10.




11.




12. 




13. 




14. 




15.





I'll admit, in my search for the worst portrait tattoos the internet had to offer, I did find some pretty awesome ones that were spectacular. The shading and detail are beautifully done on these. These people were inked by true artists. 

1. 



2. 



3. 

4.
Although this is beautiful, it's on a hand. Eek.


5. 

 Remember #3 of the worst portrait tattoos? This is the cover-up that I was talking about earlier. Hell of an improvement.  



Comments

  1. Thanks, Elizabeth, for sharing these tips about getting a tattoo! Everything you said is true and should be noted. We really need to be very careful in choosing the tattoo that we want because they are permanent, and we do not want to regret having it afterwards. The tattoo photos that you shared are hilarious! I wonder what those people did to their artists after seeing those. Haha! Just kidding. Have a nice day!

    Carmelo Crouch @ Pasadena Tattoo Removal

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts