Bacon Wrapped Meat Loaf- Recipe

I've been cooking lunch for Tyler's family for a few months now on Sunday. Tyler's Papaw Dave and Uncle Bruiser are meat and potato kind of guys. His Grandma, Aunt Jane, and Mom like trying to new things. So each week, I try and come up with something that's filling and tasty that will fit everyone's likes. This week I was asked to make meatloaf. I'll admit that even though I like eating meatloaf, it's not one of my favorite things to fix. When I've made it in the past, it's been overly dense and flavorless.
I searched high and low on the internet for a recipe that sounded worthy of the Sunday table. I wanted something simple. No hard boiled eggs in the middle (eww). I stumbled upon a recipe on The Pioneer Woman's webpage but adapted it quite a bite to better fit my family.

Here's what I came up with..


Available at Kroger stores and some Walmarts
Meat Loaf:
3 lbs of ground beef
8 slices of bacon
1 package of Onion Soup Mix
Half a sleeve of saltine crackers
3/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp Hamburger Deluxe (Fiesta brand)
1 cup Parmesan cheese (you can use fresh grated, I just used Kraft brand)
4 eggs
1Tbsp fresh ground pepper

Glaze:
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp ground mustard

Ok... Preheat your oven at 400 degrees



In small bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, and ground mustard. Mix well.

In another a bowl, combine crackers, milk, and fresh ground pepper. Allow crackers to soak up milk.

In a separate bowl, add ground beef, onion soup mix, parmesan cheese, hamburger deluxe seasoning,  4 eggs (beaten prior to adding). Wait- don't mix yet!

Smash your cracker mixture up thoroughly. Mixture should be a loose paste.

Add cracker mixture to ground beef and mix gently. Over mixing can cause the meat mixture to be tough.

Meatloaf will be a little loose. No worries. Form into a loaf making sure to not make it too thick (as it will take longer to cook.

Wrap bacon over loaf and tuck ends underneath. Spread about 1/2 the ketchup mixture over top the bacon wrapped loaf.

Allow to bake uncovered in the oven for about 45 minutes. Remove from oven and add the remaining ketchup mixture then put it back in the oven for another 30 more minutes. Watch for excess grease when removing from the oven! That stuff''ll get ya!

Finished product!
Best meatloaf I've EVER made! Enjoy!

**Family review: Everyone raved about how delicious this was. Papaw Dave said it was the best meatloaf he'd ever eaten.- That's definitely a compliment!

Comments

Popular Posts