A Letter to 16-Year-Old Me..

Hey You,

If you can believe it, I'm you in 14 years and boy do I have some things to share. When I sat down to write this letter I thought, I'll tell you exactly how to change your life to avoid heartache and pain (and to help you make money).  But I don't want to take anything away from what we will learn over time.

I don't want to spoil any surprises for you so some of this may sound a little vague.

These years are the most drama-filled years you'll face for a long while but this time in your life won't define you. Some of your oldest friendships came to an abrupt end this year. And even though you might not have seen it coming, they did. You're changing. Stop asking your mom to transfer schools. You'll miss making great, new friends.

You're pretty. Be confident in your body. Trust me, 110 lbs. is not fat. I wish I were that now! Never let anyone tell you that there is something wrong with the way you look. Self image is way more important than anyone else's opinion.

Cut your parents some slack. Stop rolling your eyes. Believe me when I say that one day you will understand why they've protected you and said no when all you wanted them to say was yes.

Oh! And sometimes things don't work out the first time around and trust me, it's more than ok. Trust your gut.

I wish so badly that you could see now just how great this all turns out...

Love,
Me

P. S. I can't keep it to myself. Here's a sneak peak of your life at 30, you're welcome.

Comments

Popular Posts