A Day in The Life of a Me...

I wanted to share a glimpse into my everyday life.
I should also say.. I love my life more than anything. :)

6:15 AM: The alarm rattles me awake. I'm not ready for this. I can sleep another 30 minutes. Snooze..

6:20 AM: Alarm. Snooze.

6:25 AM: Alarm. Snooze. Note to self; change time increments on snooze feature. 

6:30 AM: Alarm. Snooze. Husband is starting to act annoyed but I'm too exhausted to care.

7:00 AM: Wha!! Is that my alarm? Shit! Spring out of bed, mind racing. Do I have time for a shower? Turn on the light in the girls' room and let them know it's time to wake up. Head to the bathroom, kneel next to the tub, and stick my head under the faucet to wash my hair. Adults don't do this, I'm not an adult.

7:10 AM: OMG, Seriously? The girls are not awake. Up, up ladies!! Listen to Abby moan down the hallway about how she hasn't been to sleep yet. Dig through their dressers and closets to find something half way presentable for them to wear. Note to self: lay girls' outfits out at night.

7:15 AM: Whore bath in the sink. Can't believe I'm doing this. I'm 30 years old. Dressed only from the waist up, hurriedly putting on makeup. Put a little extra concealer under my eyes.

7:20 AM: First child arrives in the bathroom to get their hair fixed. Brush that rat's nest while I finish up. Pull up my pants and put on socks. Need to leave in 10 minutes. Harleigh's hair is manageable, she get's a pretty ponytail.

7:25 AM: Abby mopes into the bathroom, hair looking like a hot mess. Take the straightener to the back and try and smooth it out. If she's still most of the day, no one will notice that the back of her back is all jacked up. She gets a small braid in the front of her hair. Shit, my hair! I'm clearly not fixing it today so, a ponytail/messy bun it is!

7:30 AM: Turn on the TV and shout to the kids that there is cereal in the cabinets. Keys. Cell phone. Purse. Kisses from the girls and Tyler.

7:35 AM: Head for the door. No shoes. Crap. Back to the bedroom to get shoes and finally out the door. If I go straight to work, I'll make it on time (7:50).

7:45 AM: Bacon sounds so good. Maybe an OJ or V8. Stop by Marathon. No time for it really but if I don't eat something, I'll be a bear by lunch time.

7:52 AM: Pull into the parking lot looking less than fabulous BUT I'm here!

7:52-11:00 AM: File. Fax. Phones. Yawn. Excel. Word. Yawn. Clean. Phones. Copy. Highlight. File.

11:15 AM : Lunch order from the boss.

11:20 AM: Take the lot truck to the post office, pick up mail. Drive to Mitchell, pick up boss' lunch. Plain baked potato and plain junior roast beef. Yes, plain. What to eat for myself... Arby's is fine. I"m too tired to argue that. 

11:50 AM: Back at the office. Eat lunch and discuss stock market. I smile and oblige him although I mostly don't understand.

12:20 PM: Wipe the drool from my face and try and do something productive. Dread cleaning the bathroom here. Gloves. Paper towel, Bowl cleaner. Fantastik.

12:45 PM: Men are filthy pigs.

1:00-4:30 PM: File. Fax. Phones. Yawn. Excel. Word. Yawn. Clean. Phones. Copy. Highlight. File. Yawn....while worrying about housework. The fridge needs cleaned out- I wonder what that smell is?. Laundry needs caught up.

4:35-4:50 PM: 15 minutes of alone time for myself. Music up and windows down if the weather allows. Yes, please.  Everyday I miss the girls and can't wait to hear what they have to tell me about their day at school but I'm glad for these minutes alone.

4:50 PM:  Pick up the girls from school and listen to them bicker about who gets the front seat. And why do I never bring them a snack after school! Wah. No one is interested in talking about their day.

5:00-6:30 PM: Home, finally. Followed shortly thereafter by Tyler coming home. More arguing with the girls. Seems they can't be nice to each other for longer than 20 minutes. Pick up miscellaneous items around the house. Put laundry in laundry room. Ask the girls repeatedly to help out. Dinner? Who needs to eat? Of course, the children do. And Tyler will want to eat also. Me, I could just use a nap. Throw something together that resembles a meal. Who's got the energy for cleanup? Not I. Not today.

6:30 PM: Shower time for the little turds running around and a break for mom. It's time to take off my pants. We joke in my house that I never wear pants, and it's partly true. My behind quickly finds the couch.

6:45 PM: After showers, the girls are usually more mellow. They show off by dancing around the living room and then dress themselves and I help to brush their hair. The girls take off to go play or watch TV in the adjoining living room. Tyler and I go through backpacks. Someone always has a new sign-up sheet or is overdrawn on their lunch account. More signatures and more checks.

7:00-9:30 PM: Finally, it's Mom-and-Dad time. We catch up while watching a little TV. Sometimes folding laundry while we talk. The girls join us with blankets. It's time to relax and snuggle. They smell like apple-scented kid's shampoo and watermelon detangler.

9:30 PM: Bedtime for the kids. There is always resistance. Abby usually has a bellyache or a headache. I tuck her in and pacify her whiny attitude by promising that sleep will make her feel better.

9:35 PM: Of course I want to stay up...yawn... and watch TV with my...yawn...husband. Now Tyler pacifies me by watching TV in the bedroom without complaining. As I lay there, I remember all my 'notes to self' from earlier in the day...yawn. I fall asleep next to him in a  matter of seconds.

And a new day begins...
6:15 AM: The alarm rattles me awake. I'm not ready for this. I can sleep another 30 minutesSnooze..





Comments

Popular Posts