Toot, toot!


I wanted to take a minute today to brag on my husband a little and let him know just how much I love him and the person that he aspires to be.

When Tyler he was younger, he was loud, obnoxious, and cocky. I'm pretty sure that most people who knew him, would say the same. I've been watching him "grow up" for the past four years. Some of the negative qualities that he possessed as a teenager have turned into positive ones. His once cocky attitude is now replaced with a more mild confidence. And although he can still be loud, he now uses his voice to speak up for the things that he believes in when others don't.

Outside of Tyler's personality changes, I can say that I'm proud of his work accomplishments as well. He began his career in law enforcement in our county by working in the jail as a guard. After his brief career there, he was moved onto the road as a deputy. It made me both scared and proud that everyday when he went to work, he was potentially putting himself in danger to fulfill his job requirements. Tyler worked as a road deputy for a few years before moving into the detective division where he also manages and organizes the evidence room. Tyler is studying Crash Reconstruction from Northwestern University Center for Public Safety, and is a certified Child Passenger Safety Technician among other things.

Civically, my husband is a good man also. He is a very active member of his local Fraternal Order of Police. He and I organize the monthly business meeting dinners and he is on their salary committee. He recently worked with the salary committee to articulate that his department was both eligible and in need of a raise. Tyler also decided in August to run for our local school board. Since we have a child in first grade and one approaching kindergarten next year, he wanted to ensure that the girls have the best education possible.

Beyond all of the things Tyler does, I am very proud of him. He is my best friend and confidant. We have been through the most joyful and hardest of things and our relationship has not wavered. He is compassionate and attentive. His love for and commitment to the girls is unmatched by anything I have ever seen. He is a great father, husband, and provider.

Thank you, Tyler.
We love you.

<3 TJP <3



Comments

Popular Posts