Catch Up

It's been over a week since I've written anything on here so...

Last week was the Mitchell Persimmon Festival followed by the parade on Saturday. We participated in as many activities as possible...eating Tiger Tails with cinnamon and sugar and persimmon pudding, listening to a local artist perform, and riding rides. The girls absolutely loved running around and spending all of our money.

On Saturday we finished up the festival activities by entering into the parade. We borrowed Tyler's mom's friend's convertible. It was a new Pontiac G6- silver and beautiful. The kids donned their "Tyler Phillips for School Board" t-shirts and we enlisted the help of Tyler's cousins, Autumn and Summer. Autumn and Summer passed out flyers and a little candy as they walked beside the car. Harleigh and Abby sat atop the open convertible waving and blowing kisses (without being prompted to do so). The weather was beautiful- just warm enough and the sun shining brightly. It was such a good time.


This past week has been creeping by so slowly. I've tried to focus on cleaning house and making sure to fix a good meal every night but I feel as though it's in vain. Something is always out of place and my attempts at fixing something tasty are lacking. Last night's dinner was just short of disgusting. Lord help me, I'm tired of making the same things over and over but when I step outside the regular things, it just doesn't work out. I know everything can't (and won't) be perfect but I'd just like them to go well for once.

The bright spot of the week thus far has got to be the girls' new paper dolls. While waiting in line at the Dollar Store, Abby spotted the childhood favorite of mine. Of course these things are much nicer than the ones I had. Mine were made of paper so it was easy to tear off tabs on the clothes and even the occasional arm. The new ones while only costing $2, are made of thick paper similar to cardboard and include lots and lots of outfits. They have spent three days playing with them. It makes me beam to see them focused on something that uses their imagination and doesn't involve TV or video games. I remember growing up that I had the luxury of having a TV in my room but I really enjoyed the time I spent playing with Barbies, coloring, and pretending with paper dolls.

Comments

Popular Posts