Mother, Daughter Fun

A couple of fortunate things to account for this week...

  • Sunday, my aunt called my mom to tell her that she had two trash bags full of clothes for the girls. Her daughter's work colleague wanted to give them away! I was overjoyed to have it. Harleigh and Abby are growing so quickly that it's difficult to keep up on buying clothes and costly too. I couldn't believe it.
  • I regularly volunteer to prepare dinner for Tyler's fellow FOP members at their Monthly Business Meetings. Yesterday I pulled out all the stops... slow cooked roasts in the crockpot all day long (to add to noodles), peeled and mashed 10 lbs of potatoes, and made green beans and bacon in the crockpot also. While I waited, I cleaned the lodge. It's just something I do mainly because the lodge is ran by men and we all know how dirty things can get when left unattended. I also do it hoping to receive some good karma in return- I need it. After last nights meeting, Tyler was given a check with a small amount of money on it for my cleaning services. When he came home to tell me, I felt like I had earned something myself for the first time in a long time. It was a good feeling.

Today, Abby and I dropped at tote full of her old clothes off at St. Vincent de Paul's Thrift Store in Bedford
and then headed to Bloomington to treat ourselves to a Girls Day Out. We stopped by Once Upon a Child first to drop off a second tote of clothes. Since someone else had been good to us, we wanted to share as well but also wanted to trade in some of our old items for winter clothes.


We had a two hour wait before the store could let us know how much they were giving us for our items so we headed to Olive Garden for some lunch. Abby was quite comical throughout the meal giggling and making silly comments. We ate Zoupa Tuscana- a soup with potatoes, sausage, and kale in it. She fished out each piece of kale and put them on a plate telling me that she found seaweed in her soup. Then when our meal came- Ravioli de Portabello- she squealed loudly, "AH HAH!!! MUSHROOMS!!! You know I LOVE mushrooms!" She clapped her hands and dug in. The table next to us laughed.

She just had to do her crazy eyes!

After lunch we shopped around in Kohl's in search of the perfect outfits for our family pictures on Friday. I am soooo bad at shopping. When I have money- I find nothing. When I am broke- I wish for every item in the store. We searched and searched and I got some brutally honest opinions from my shipping companion. I was glad to have her there. Abby would tell me when something fit funny or was too tight. She would say "You are beautiful, Momma, but that shirt is not!" I finally settled on a blue/red plaid shirt for Tyler and a blue belted dress for myself. Afraid that once I got home I would change my mind and lose some of my confidence, I also bought a fairly plain white 3/4 length top.

Once we made it to Once Upon a Child, Abby let lose and picked skirt after skirt and several shirts. She also found a cute pair of cowboy boots which she insists on wearing in our family pictures. She was so precious and proud of those things.

The only thing that would have made our day better was getting to share it with Harleigh. Dang school.

Comments

Popular Posts