Day 11: Letter to my kids...

Hey my sweet girls...

I know that there are days that we may fight more than we love but I hope that every night before you go to bed, you know just how much I absolutely adore you.  You are the reason that I get up every day.  My ultimate goal in life is to raise you as self-respecting, honest, hardworking women.  
I can see my love of learning in you, Abby.  You are such a smart little girl and I hope that things continue to come easily for you in life.  I have a feeling that any obstacle you are met with, you will conquer it effortlessly.  Your short temper reminds me of myself and my behavior.  Although I get upset with you for being so dramatic, I know that you came by that honestly and it's just a reflection of how passionate you can be.  Go easy on your mom.

Harleigh, you are my gentle introvert. Your heart is so big and I love that you are so independent. I love that you are cautious and think through things carefully. Continue to take your time and move slowly but don't forget to open yourself up to new people and new things. I've always been nervous just like you but sometimes you have to conquer that fear to find out who you really are. Don't be afraid.

And Lynlie, although you are just a baby right now,  I hope that you are strong and smart like your daddy and love as openly as your mommy.

I'll be here for you girls through anything. I'll do my best to never judge you and respect your choices, and to love you even when it hurts.

PS..
Here is a little advice for your future.

Advice for you as teenagers: Just because I don't let you do something that you want to do, doesn't mean that I don't love or trust you.  It means just the opposite. It means that I want to protect you from making bad decisions.. from putting yourself in harm's way without knowing.. from doing something stupid.  It will be really hard for me to loosen my grip but I will eventually when the time is right. It's just that when I think of you, I see you as my babies quite literally and even though I know that to be different, I will panic. I apologize in advance.

Advice for you as mothers/parents: Don't forget to pay attention and be present. The long nights of newborns are temporary and will turn into busy days with toddlers.  And then before you know it, you're begging your children to sit with you to watch family movies or kiss you in public. Take pictures- too many. Drive them crazy and love them even more.


Love always, 
Your Mommy

Comments

Popular Posts