Lynlie Paige :)

Back in May, we announced that we were pregnant with a baby girl. Fast forward 4 months and our newest addition has joined our family. On September 17th at 12:57 AM, after an unexpected but quick labor and delivery, Lynlie Paige made her entrance into the world. I watched Tyler's face to gauge where he was emotionally as the doctor and nurses quickly cleaned our newest addition up. His eyes darted back and forth between me and our new baby. His smile told it all. Within a fraction of a second, he was in love.

Throughout my pregnancy with Lynlie, I would catch myself thinking.. Can I love this baby as much as I love Harleigh and Abby? The girls had been my sole focus from the moment each of them had came into the world. When Harleigh was born, I was over the moon and knew that I could never love another child the way I loved her. Then Abby came along and I was proved wrong. She completely won my heart over.  But a third child? Did I have enough love? Was my heart and lap big enough?

I got my answer to those questions pretty quickly. I'm pretty sure I heard her cry before I ever saw her face. It was gurgly and pitiful. The nurses rubbed her back to stimulate her breathing and suctioned her mouth and nose. She screamed loudly as they put her on my chest and I knew immediately, she needed me. I couldn't hold my tears back and cried the same way I had as each of my daughters before her were born.

The next couple of days were filled with sleepless nights for her and I and even during the times she actually slept, I couldn't rest myself. I found myself staring at her, examining her fuzzy little arms and legs, and watching her breathe and wiggle. When the weight of my eyelids was too much to bare, I'd rest.

There it was... that overwhelming, all-consuming, breath taking, yucky love. Yep, of course I had enough love.

Welcome to the world Lynlie...


Comments

Popular Posts