I'm back.. or am I?

Just wanted to jump on here to updated anyone out there in the virtual world who may be curious.

1) I failed on my 30 day writing exercise that I began back in November of last year. Miserably. The first few entries basically wrote themselves. I was cruising right along. And then, December. OMG, December. He had our typical everyday life..school, work, and household obligations... and we threw on the mother of all holidays. There was decorating, shopping, family functions, parties, work obligations, school breaks.. it was a whirlwind.

2) Updates on the kids:

a) Harleigh worked really hard last year to make good grades. It took tutoring and countless nights around the kitchen table but she pulled through. At the end of 4th grade, she had the opportunity to try out for 5th grade cheer leading. She was nervous and excited but she was chosen and I couldn't be more proud. This will serve as an excellent tool to boost her self esteem.

b) Abby breezed through 2nd grade. She's so very intelligent. Tyler credits himself with this which I'm not sure is entirely accurate. I'd definitely say she gets it from her mother. Both of the girls were enrolled in gymnastics over the summer and they absolutely love their Tuesday night classes.

c) Lynlie, who was just a couple of months old at the time of my last blog post, will be one year old next month. I'm not ready to think about it. She might be the last baby I ever have so I want to savor every little aspect of our lives with her. She's babbling like crazy, obsessed with her sisters, still nursing full time, and attempting her first steps. Lord help me.

3) We took a really awesome family vacation to Orlando, FL with our little family in May of this year. We visited Gatorland, Disney, and spent some time by the pool and at the beach. The drive was long but the memories we made are something that I'll cherish for years to come and I hope that the kids feel the same.

4) Tyler and I are trucking right along, adjusting really well to being a family of five. We're currently really trying to make an effort to keep our relationship alive by spending Thursday evenings on the golf course as a couple. It seems like the evenings never fail to start out rough but by the end of the evening, we're laughing the way did when we first met.

I'll try and sum up the past nine months with a few pictures and highlights. Here goes...

























Ok.. that was a lot of information to process...

Until next time..


Comments

Popular Posts