What Women Want..

There are actually some really peaceful moments in our house of five. When the girls are playing without incident together. When the baby smells fresh from a bath. When just for a minute the room is silent. When Daddy can relax. When Mommy is beaming from taking in everything that is good in life. When we're all together.

Today Tyler told me something that every woman wants to hear. He told me that since Lynlie was born, he was overwhelmed by the love he felt for me. That he was proud of me. That he loved that I was such a great mother.

Tyler isn't really the mushy-love-stuff type so when he told me these things, I melted. At first, I wasn't really sure how to respond because I typically don't take compliments well. But I decided on "Thank you" and let him know that I really appreciated hearing him say that and here's why;

I forget dates and school parties. I lose track of the last time the girls have had a bath. I'm hard on myself when I can't make it all come together. I lose my temper. Sometimes I struggle with understanding the difference between being a parent and a friend. I'm late more times than I'm early. I neglect housework on a regular basis. And I feel defeated when the kids have a problem I can't solve. I fail everyday.

But every day I try. I'm not a perfect mom- I'm just trying to be a good one. And when someone recognizes how hard I work and how much I love my family, as a mother, I embrace that compliment.

Comments

  1. Elizabeth, you are such a good wife, mother. You and Tyler were made for each other. You, him and the 3 girls are a wonderful love story.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts